Sunday 14 January 2018

98 Days To Go...

It was quite a week. My first full week back at work. WOW, that was a challenge.

Running after work was always going to be hard, however, this week I decided to give myself a change of scenery.

Having toured around every single gym in Farringdon, Holborn and St Paul’s I finally found one.

Finding a place to put my clothes whilst I run is a lot more challenging than you think. So with my new membership, I said goodbye to the  lovely streets of Borehamwood and Radlett and said hello to the hustle and bustle of the City of London.

The top two things I’ve noticed running in London:

* There is no such thing as the runners nod. When running in Borehamwood, I’d find that you would pass someone and they’d give you a nod or if your lucky a high five, not in London!
* It’s a lot harder. I thought I had a good sense of direction, but clearly not! I did find myself on a few occasions pausing my run and having to look at my maps to see exactly where I was. Ending up at Tower Bridge and having to get back to St Paul’s, when you have no idea where you’re going is harder than you think.

Anyway, not getting home until after 8 now has taken its toll. I’m now having to put my kindle away in the mornings and get Eastenders on.

Don’t forget to donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment